Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Diary: 21 December 2004

Tuesday – The one with the DVD player

Aunt Irene wanted to sleep in so when we woke up we were quite as a mouse. We were watching the re-runs on the TV when they woke up all dress ready to go. Boy was I surprised to see them all geared up. The only had to brush their teeth. They made breakfast while I changed. By 11 we left to Pertama, as my Aunt wanted to show for shoes. I went to Sogo and saw some DVD players on sale. I saw a Pioneer set for sale a new model with plays practically every type of codec. I decided not to get it because I just didn’t want to drag it around me.

We headed to Pertama so Aunt Irene could do some shoe shopping, me and Uncle David wondered Pertama complex and I must say its kind of a dingy place. My Uncles keen eye saw a Pioneer shop. We entered it and we found the same model which I was interested in. The player I saw was priced the same, the owner came up to me and spoke to me he was willing to bring down the price and he told me this set came with a 3 year warranty. He would also give me a RM10 BSN money voucher. I was quite interested but I said I would come back later after doing shopping.

Uncle David and Aunt Irene wanted to go to the Ship Restaurant. I keep telling them is so cheesy to go there but I honestly must say the food is quite good both in Pertama and Sg Wang. The restaurant staff was all Bangladeshis and the ‘Captain’ looked like he had a bad hangover from last night. Uncle David had a grilled steak where I had Mixed Grill; Aunt Irene had baked fish with a side dish of chips. After lunch we headed to Petaling Street to get a rucksack.

For those who know me I’ve currently developed a fake bad accent which I find it hard to take myself out. So when you go to Petaling Street you definitely need your street lingo and slang. I knew the lingo but the slang was a bit off. We went to the 1st show where the man wasn’t to keen to sell his stuff so we said to hell to him we went down the street and we found a nice over make-ed up lady who gave us some nike bags for only RM35 we took 3 of them. My Uncle said it was best to get the DVD player for myself, strike while the iron is hot. We went back to Pertama and I got the DVD player and we went back home.

Once home Uncle David and Aunt Irene got ready to go back to Klang as they where else me Alex was fiddling on my new DVD player. They left at about four; Uncle David was kind enough to lend me his Gone for 60 seconds to test on my new DVD player. I watched it and then my mum came in. I took a long bath and I headed to my room, I wanted to update my blog so I sat in front of the my PC typing all my days events. My apologies to ya’ll for those coming in and finding it not updated.

No comments: