Saturday, February 19, 2005

Diary: 19th February 2005

I woke up at 7.30 all geared up for the MAS Fair. I left at bout 8 knowing the fact that it’s been awhile since I’ve at Mines and the 1st all by myself. Anne Gomez gave me directions to get to the place lil did I know that it wasn’t the full instruction on how to reach there. With a book in my hand my train journey to Bandar Tasik Selatan was what I needed. I’m looking forward to finish this book and starting on Kavita Deswani’s titles.

As I got down from the LRT station I felt very strange, like Anne’s directions wasn’t correct. Taking no chances there were kind people who showed me the proper way. Anne forgot to inform me the other half instruction to get there. But I guess I’m thankful she got me this far I guess. I took the KTM to Serdang and then a cab to mines which was waste of money cause it was just next door. There were a huge number of people already on que for the fair. I had to buy an entrance ticket which cost RM2. Oh yeah I reach Mines by 9 so I had an hour to wait, my book came handy again for me to past my time. At bout 9.45 out of no where Sponge Bob Squarepants and Patrick Star comes out and does a performance. I try to control my excitement as Sponge Bob now is associated with gay people ad I’m not gay. I wonder what the hell these two are doing in MAS fair, its not like we can book tickets to go see the pineapple under the sea.

Morgan met me at the travel agent booth; he introduced me to the guy in charge and he got my tickets done. I wanted to go on the 15 and come back on the 30 of July but apparently 30th was already fully booked so I picked 31st instead. After booking my tickets I browsed the place and I met Kevin, yoges and nicks cousin, like me he has put a couple of pounds, he was manning the Swiss Garden booth. Apparently we work nearby each other. He work in Phileo Damansara 1.I also met my Berjaya representative as they too had a booth over there.

I wanted to see what was so great bout Mines, I have friends who go there quite often and after browsing the place I do find it just mediocre place. I think the Cannel in between the shopping malls is cool. Being new and all I had trouble getting out of the mall. I think its built to keep u in and not out. The signage wasn’t really that clear. I guess you got familiar with the place just like how I know Sg Wang like the back of my hands. The time flew quite fast; it was already 11 by the time I left Mines. I walked back to the station in the hot sun. I was already working an appetite as I didn’t have anything for breakfast. I dint want to buy anything. I wanted to cook it. I decided to make a quick stop at Sogo. I decided I wanted Pasta for lunch, I got fettuccini, a mushroom sauce (wanted cheese but they didn’t have any) and a can of corn beef. I just wanted to try something new. I cooked my fettuccini putenesca (Italian for few ingredients).

Nobody was at home when I cooked; as I had my lunch Mum came in and had he leftovers. She liked it allot. I spent time chatting with mum. Me, Mum and Dad headed for the evening mass, Anne was there. A smile was passed between each of us. Mass was bit confusing today I wished sermon had bit Q and A session. After mass mum wanted me to cook pasta gain for dinner. So I did that. I had it with a glass of wine….

No comments: