Friday, February 11, 2005

Diary: 10th Febuary 2005

I woke up with beeping sounds from my hand phone. It was all my morning info. I guess it was 10 when I woke up, I layed in bed reading all my messages news, my Fung Shui, my almanac. There was something unsettling in me like a spirit of its own, it wanted to get out. I just had the urge to leave the house. I washed up and headed to the barber for a lil snip, snip. Andrew apparently had already gone to get his hair cut. I enjoyed my walk to the barber; the sun was bit hot but something any true Malaysian could handle. Nowadays there are so many fakers who complain they can’t take the weather I ask u where the hell you have been, last I checked you never left the country. Remember when we were schooling where the damn assembly was on the hot sun, I didn’t hear anyone complain.

The barber shop was quite empty; surprisingly I guess everyone is off for the holidays. I’ve been going to that place ever since me seven. I know these peeps and these peeps know me. As much I would like it to be like the movie but it’s just a barber shop. I got my cut and shave. I didn’t want to head home so fast the restless spirit still was in control of me. I decided to head to the train station. I met Shanti at the LRT station, last I met her I thin she was standard 5 I guess; now she is a beautiful butterfly. We had a short conversation as my stop was the first. She was telling me how her Dad was.

Hey I guess Dad always looking out for her lil girl. One of my good friend came up with a theory on how to bring up a daughter. Fathers are quite close to their daughters till the day they become a ‘woman’ that is when they start to drift away from them. It is there we make the mistake, the father should still continue showering his daughter with love, etc. You might ask me if my friend is married a have kids of her own well the answer is wrong but her theory seems quite solid unless someone likes to disapprove it.

I headed to Parkson to at the Mall to do lil scouting. I found a pair of ¾ pants which was on sale, I bought it. This will go to my Redang trip apparel. I headed to the supermarket to do lil investigating (will tell U later bout some other time). I bought 2 box of chocolates one for my mum another for Peggy when I go and visit her. I called her and she was at home she called me to come over. I headed to Peggy’s place; Yogi was there to greet me. I gave the chocolates to her and we began to talk. It’s been a while I’ve seen that lady. Old age has taken her. She currently works to support the family I think or just to pass the time away. I learned that Uncle has just survived from fits, she didn’t really one to talk bout it so I let that go.

I sat and watched Jams Bond with the family it brought me back to old times of how we really used to be. I can remember be at that home watching a movie, doing assignment or just lazing around, there was always food. Peggy used to make it lot d of dishes my favorite would be ‘Flour kuih’ of pan mee. She would make it every Saturday for lunch and I would be there. I left the house bout 2.30 and headed back home. It was far too late to have lunch so I decided to skip it. Mum and grand mum were at home watching something on TV. I headed to my room. I decided to watch Bride and Prejudice, staring Aishwarya Rai and other British actors. It was a good movie; imagine a Hindi movie in English. That’s what it was, I think they were going for a Bombay Dream effect but they did fall short. I can’t remember reading Pride and Prejudice nor do I remember the storyline of the movie (Hugh Grant acted in it). Aish as always mesmerizing with her eyes. It’s a VCD/DVD movie not a thing I would pay RM10 to go see the cinema.

I spent the evening in front of the PC writing my blog and just fiddling on it. At about 6 I watched TV and caught up with my cartoons. Mum has a problem with me watching cartoons, I haven’t grown up I keep telling her. Mum feed Alex and Andrew for dinner. I honestly felt jealous. Its not that I wanted to be fed, she didn’t ask me if I wanted to be… jealousy bad thing….

I watched the American Idol, I love the relationship Simon and Paula have. They argument one minute and then their best friends just like me and Shelly. But you’ll never see me pulling Shelly for a kiss. I left to my room at bout 9 as mum and grand mum wanted to watch their Tamil serial. I was in my room reading the Rule of Four, a must get for all those who are bit cultured and loves a mystery novel. While reading I fell fast asleep.

No comments: