Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Diary: 23 April 2005 - Wonderfull Day

I was rudely awoken by Alex, apparently some shady guy has been asking for water to repair his car. Alex said it has already been 2 times he has asked for water and now he it was the 3rd. The shady guy was asking direction to my church to see Father Soosay who has been shifted for 5 years already. We knew he was trouble. He knocked the door again and I opened it this time, he was shocked to see me, he asked for cellophane tape which I said we didn’t have any, I gave him his water and I closed the door. I took a bath, Aunty my neighbor gave some spring hoppers for breakfast which came with delicious chicken curry. As I ate Mel called telling me to meet him up with at 1 in Hang Tuah Station. Andrew came back, claming a shady guy said we gave him directions to church and we were good kids. Mysterious how he could recognize Andrew and tell him about us.

I meet Mel at 1 in Hang Tuah station, the brother was out of a car as he sent it to the paint shop. We took the monorail to Sg Wang where we just hanged around talking and stuff. It was the basic male bonding stuff, bitching about work and some girls. We talked about my birthday party and how it went and all. All of a sudden Mel gave me 4 months time frame to find a girl friend or I would be introduced to a man… hahahaha. Where do I find a girlfriend? I’m very against for finding em’ at clubs so where are my options left… Let’s see where fate leads us.

I and Mel walked around shopping malls looking for an affordable laptop, then we headed to Time Square to see what was so great about Borders the new Book shop. It was 2 floors of books. I didn’t see anything that really appeals to me. I didn’t spend much time as Mel isn’t actually a reader and he got bored fast. I’ll just have to go by myself sometimes soon. As we walked around Time Square we found GSC, we noticed that Guess Who was showing so we got 3 tickets for night show. After getting the ticket’s we headed to Seed for lunch, I was famished as I had skipped breakfast and all.

After lunch we headed to an action figure shop where I showed him the statuette of Darth Vader I so badly wanted to get for myself. It was much cheaper than what I saw in Jusco. I notice there was lot of SPAWN figurines but no Marvel characters like Wolverine, Spiderman, etc. I guess the market for that stuff has just died. After window shopping we headed to the Paint shop to pick up his car. It was in Jalan Peel so we took a cab from Sg Wang. We took the car and headed to his place. Lisa greeted me with her harming smile. She made me some ginseng tea which tasted so good. I’ve never been so keen about ginseng stuff case of the smell and taste but I did enjoy the tea very much. I and Melman played PS2 where he kicked my ass in every game. I enjoyed playing the Olympic game where we had to finish 25 sport activities. I picked Malaysia and Mel picked Singapore, obviously he was better but it was real fun.

We had dinner at Time Square, a Thai Place that was quite hidden from the eyes of the public. How we found it, using the directory. Times Square is so huge but it didn’t have any proper eating outlets. It had its fast food joints but no proper restaurants. As the place was hidden there weren’t much people in the restaurant. We ordered, Mel had Tom Yam noodles, Lisa had Fried rice with Chicken and Papaya salad and I had Fried Kuey Tiau and Chicken. While eating I notice they had no chicken in my Kuey Tiau I called the waited to tell him he said he would sort it out. What happen was he ordered another one and charged me for it we had to call another waited to explain our predicament. They told me to take the new one and waive one Kuey Tiau. All of a sudden the old one comes back with chicken. I was swamped by Kuey Tiau. Mel and Lisa was laughing their heads off, all of a sudden I feel so fed up of Kuey Tiau that I just don’t want any more. We had desert, Water Chestnuts with coconut milk.

We headed to cinema and I was quite impressed how they made up the place. It was quite cool the sound system was mind blowing. Sharp, loud and detail. The entire current cinema available loses hands down. GSC seems to be in full force to bring down TGV. Their attempt seems to be very fruitful. The movie Guess Who was a classis black comedy which I love to enjoy. Starring Bernie Mac and Aston Kutcher, I am a big Bernie Mac fan has his jokes are straight to your face kind of jokes. I wont give away much but all I say I love inter-relationship movies and black comedy. The heroin in the movie is sexy. After the movie we headed home.

No comments: