Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Diary: 18th April 2005 - I Did My Taxes

First day of holiday, I up by 7 as today I do my taxes. Apparently the last day to do your taxes is April 30 2005 and I haven’t declared myself since the day I began a steady job, which is 2001. Dad was kind enough to walk me through the process. I head to Jalan Duta LHDN with all my statements. There were not much people as I stepped into their office nearly to 8. I didn’t have a file number as I haven’t registered with them before so I had gone to the number issuance lady to tell her my predicament. She gave me a number and asked me to wait for my call so that everything would be sorted. I wait for my number where I’m gracefully treated by a Malay lady, handing me over forms for me to fill up for 2001 – 2004. She said I should come back one this forms are fully filled. Dad said there were a place teaching people to fill in their form in the next block so we headed there. A Chinese man taught me to fill up one form and headed back home to finish of the rest. Assuming that tit would take me the whole day. I got myself a big breakfast and made me some Nescafe. I was done in 30 minutes. It was that easy.

I head back to LHDN before lunch just to make I get a number before lunch time. To my surprise there is this big bunch of people queuing up for the numbers. Thinking I should call it a day, dad said we should wait as we had the whole day. Wait we did the numbers were called real fast actually. When I was called to the counter the lady took my forms checked it printed a copy and asked me to head to the 5th floor to get myself registered… Arrrghhhh!! ! !


I headed to the 5th floor where the place is actually deserted. All the cubicles are empty. I ring a bell at the counter hoping someone would magically appear taking my woes away. Yes that lady did come from the back after lunch I presume. She took my 2001-2003 forms and told me to wait. That wait took me 15 minutes. She came out giving me a number (file number). I took that number applied it in my 2004 forms and headed back to the 1st floor to the ticket lady to take a new number. The lady checked my forms tore of the 1st page and I was a free to go. That was it, my taxes declaration was done. According to my 2004 earnings I only had to pay RM0.26 cents which the government so kindly waived off. How I did that, well my dad taught me some loop holes. Hehehehe…..

I was quite happy I did my taxes now I can officially bitch about how tax payers money goes to waste…. . My phone was still screw up I had to use the NEC while at the tax office. Yesterday I managed to do something now the LCD works but the keypad seems to call Peggy each time its idle. The phone only works properly in the SMS mode. Today I poured love to my phone I told her how much she meant to me and what happen was a bad thing and we could work it out. After all that sweet talking (I know I need a life) the phone worked without a hitch. See isn’t that just like a lady. I keep saying my phone is like my wife and she is. I kicked back just plain relaxing.

No comments: