Monday, April 18, 2005

Diary: 13, 14 & 15 April 2005 - Busy Days

It’s the day after my birthday; to my surprise there were still belated messages from people I hardly kept in touch with. Morning was fine I guess. Work was tensed and all same ol same ol. Kevin was a pain in the neck as Maxis Sports Zone was getting close to test phase. I basically couldn’t do any other work but just concentrate on his project. I had a big surprise in the evening. I got a bunch of flowers. Reception called me and said I had a package in front. I assume it was more gifts. As I head to the reception I saw the flowers I stopped in my tracks. My mouth fell open, who in the right mind would ever send me flowers. The gals in the reception was asking me who is from I picked up the card it was from Marcia. She wrote a nice message. I now had the job of taking the flowers back to my cubicle without anyone noticing. But by the time I read the card and went to my place all the girls from RnD were already hovering around me asking me who is it from. The guys in my department didn’t leave it to rest either. Intan accused me of sending the flowers to myself… oh please like I would.

As the teasing continued I wondered I was going to take this back home. Everyone was obviously jealous as no woman has ever sent a man in this office before. One girl particularly bowed to me, they never believe u if you say the person who send it to me is my best friend. Lenny sends me back to Putra, as I carried my flowers. Lenny taught it would be funny, he played an oldies song along the way. It went something like tis Dream, Dream, Dream…When I found u, blab la. My train ride needles to say was with allot of stares in my way. I really didn’t mind, I pretended I was bringing it back to the woman that I love, who was waiting for me. Yeah reading all those love novels does that to you.

The next two days was hectic with work Lenny was on leave for Tamil New Year and he wanted to visit his mum in Ipoh. As he was on leave I had to make sure the team was strong. I’m glad to say that now they don’t need too much supervision and they are independent enough to take on responsibilities and creative enough to think for themselves.

Thursday was another hectic day with Kevin as we were working out the kinks of the project. We launch the thing on Friday. Of course when you test something it never goes to plan. I left late back home late. Friday was D day there were still kinks that needed to be ironed out. By the time Maxis did the testing I was out of here. Farah Merican was relived it was over but Kevins headache kept on going as fussy Maxis had issues. I left sharp 6.30. It was Friday I wasn’t going to stay back slog for dumb Maxis. I meet up with Mel after work where we headed to 1 Utama our new found hang out spot. We went to Chilies as we were very hungry. Maggie Chueng was there with her same outfit but today she wore her glasses. We had dinner did lil window shopping. We after that began driving around for places to hang but we didn’t find anything nice. We saw Loft which looked very High class. Will go there sometime soon, with Lisa and Mel

No comments: