Monday, April 04, 2005

Diary: 2 April 2005 Mel is a Rollercoaster

I woke up around 9-ish. Alex was awake doing some packing of some sort. I asked him to take my bag and showed him the list of stuff I was going to get at Sg Wang, I asked him if he wanted me to add anything else to the list. He added some good stuff to the collection list. I got up took a nice hot shower. I dressed up in something very casual (3/4 pants and a short sleeve shirt). I watched some cartoons made some MILO and Alex and I left home at about 10. We meet one of Alex’s girl friend in the train station. She was such a sweet thing, at the beginning I felt a vibe that she had a thing for Alex as I probed Alex later the next day I was right. They boy just likes to play hardball.

I stopped at the Titiwangsa station and took the monorail to Sg Wang. I obviously too early as most of the shops were still not open yet, I walked over to Lot 10 Isetan to look at the men clothes. I was pondering weather I should get new shirts for my Birthday. As I walked in Isetan the 1st thing I saw was the Star Wars Light Saber. Immediately I knew I must have that for my birthday. It was on the pricy side for a toy (RM135). I saw that there were 3 types, on that came in green color (yoda’s), one in blue (Good guys one) and another that switched from Blue to red (Anakin Sykwalkers). There was no test sabers so I moved along. I saw some nice Padini office shirts which I contemplated buying but decided not to.

I went back to Sg Wang hoping the place was fully operational. It was, I headed 1st to my favorite DVD place, to my surprise the place was bear and empty. I met with the owner and he told me that today they would be an ‘operasi’ so they weren’t putting any of the pirated items out. Feeling bit disappointed I headed to the Cd place, there too I would find disappointment as the had a shop full of bank cd covers. The man told me the same thing that an ‘operasi’ was to take place and advise me to come tomorrow. Thinking that I practically wasted my time, I headed to KLCC to do my banking and payments. I paid my credit cards, hand phone bills, got my toiletries, et cetera, et cetera. By the time I was done it was already lunch time I assumed Melman would call by now but he didn’t so I decide to have lunch. Of all places I head to Chillis where I was greeted by a hostess I knew. It was Sharon, dressed up smartly, she look beautiful. She showed me to my seat. I ordered my meal.

We did some small talk; she asked me how everyone like Mel and Shari was. She looked at me suspiciously when she asked me about Shari. This has Mel’s doing written on it. I received a phone call from Mel asking him to meet me at Sg Wang at 2.30. I finished my meal said my goodbyes with Sharon and headed to Sg Wang. Everyone assume if your wearing shorts and carrying a backpack your automatically a tourist. The taxi driver made some small talk with me. I again had to tell him I lived with Harry Potter.

I was early so I headed to HSBC to finish my last of my errands. Mel was early and he called me we meet in DOME Lot 10. Lisa was there too, Nick and Kunju came along for lunch. Since I had lunch, I had a glass of white wine while they had their meal. After lunch we walked around Sg Wang lil till Mel decided we should head to 1 utama for a movie I agreed. We headed there, we watched Be Cool. A good garbage movie. My judgment it’s a VCD movie not something you should spent on the cinema. It was daring for The Rock to play the role he plays.

After dinner we headed to Chilies where were greeted by a young version of Maggie Cheung. I complimented her and then she was too shy to come over to our table again but she was forced to get me more fajitas as mine finished quickly. We ordered the awesome blossom where we had troubled finishing up. It was a huge seasonal onion that was fried in batter and served with a special sauce. It’s excellent but u needs a big bunch to finish. After dinner we headed home. Mel borrowed my SEPET. He needs to open his eyes.

No comments: