Friday, March 11, 2005

Diary: Redang Day 3

I wake up early so that I can send back the 1st batch of people; I haven’t really recovered from yesterday’s night’s ordeal. I have two cups of coffee to begin my day. I meet Eddie in the breakfast line, I’m surprised his chirpy and sober. I have the usual fried eggs and toast. Everyone is all geared up to get back. All taking last minute pictures, mingling around and chowing down. I meet up Saira who will be leading the 1st Batch back home. I make sure she has the tickets. I also make sure that all the room bills are taken care of individually, cause I aint paying for their stuff.

I bid farewell to the lot of them, and wishing a safe journey back home. Me, Lenny, Wai, Winnie and Ming leave the crew and head for a short SPA treatment. We are driven to the SPA place where we are received by 2 masseuses. The guys and gals separate as we head into separate SPA rooms. I was first for the massage. I was massaged by this old chap who was excellent. He used coconut oil boiled with herbs and flowers. It didn’t have an oily feel when it touched your skin. I was massaged all over the body and I was practically in heaven.

After the massage I headed to the sauna to sweat myself out for 20 minutes. I have never sweat like that before; sweat droplets were coming from everywhere. After the sauna a nice shower and then I headed to the Jacuzzi for some relaxation. In the Jacuzzi tub I realized I just went through the Chinese way of cooking, you tenderize the meat (massage) then u steam in (sauna). Funny init.

After a relaxing massage the lots of us were lil late, we rushed back to our room and pack up anything that was left. There was nothing much actually just toiletries as I’ve already packed most of my stuff yesterday night. I was the 1st to be in the lobby. To check out my stuff and to settle my bill. Lester came along and he sat in the corner bit grumpy, He sat in the coffee house later with Shelly talking over a coconut drink. I think I wasn’t welcomed to the conversation as I felt the weirdness being there. While sitting in the awkward table I remembered I forgot the flight tickets I ran back to the room to get it. I went back to the lobby and found everyone there and made a head count… Lost no one... Pheeewww!! !

We were making jokes about Sachin, on how he behaved yesterday night in our drinking session. I thanked Agnes of Berjaya for scheduling the event well and taking care of us very well. Mr Mok the General Manager of the Redang resort wish me well and ask me to come back and bring a girl friend… yeah right like that’s ever going to happen. We left to the airport at 1 we did the normal checking in by 1.40 our plane arrived. I enjoyed the take off as I think the pilot taught he was playing a drag race. It was like your in a car and your driver just clicked NOS. The flight back was bit shaky, Sachin was having flight sickness. He slept all the way. We reached Subang Airport at about 3.

We said our goodbyes to our colleagues. Jeevan received me and Lenny. It was back again to our usual banter and making fun of Lenny. I was in stitches again. We headed to Kelana Jaya as we were quite hungry and we decided to head to KFC. All of us had our 3 piece chicken set. As we ate we washed our eyes among the beautiful Indian gals around the area. Jeevan showed his chicken to those who looked at us, inviting then top join us… He’s such a joker. Lenny dropped me at KL Sentral where I took my monorail back home. I unpacked my dirty clothes and left whatever inside. I was just to lazy to unpack. I took a long bath and went to bed….

No comments: