Friday, March 11, 2005

Diary: Bad Spell After Gratefull

You know how it feels to have over sleep…. Well for me you just get sleepier and lazy. I had to drag myself of the bed iron a shirt and pants. I just wanted to take MC/EL and just get back in bed. I took the bus at Kota Raya and took the 21C and I slept in the bus. When it came to my stop I got down and I headed to the office as I reached office I notice my wallet was not with me. I was shocked that this ordeal could happen to me, I’m always aware of my personal things, it was either the guy next to me took my wallet or it slipped in the bus which was highly irregular as I kept my wallet in my front pocket.

I wanted o scream my head off, how such a thing could happen to me. Arrrrghhh!! ! !. I quickly called to block my credit cards, my atm cards.

Logen took me out for breakfast as I was broke flat with no documentation whatsoever to state I was Malaysian and not a foreigner. I called Lenny and told him what happen he told me to get ready and we would go to the Police office to make a report. We headed to TTDI Police Station where the police officers were actually very helpful then the normal pompous officers. I made my report paid RM 2 for my report and headed back to office. I lost my ID card, Licenses, a big sum of money. I was very disappointed with myself. How could I be so careless?

Lenny was so stable minded he calmed me down he really fits the quote ‘a friend in need is a friend in deed’. I was actually quite distracted to work with my items being lost and all. I was scheduling in my head what I should do 1st do my IC, License, ATM cards. As Monday was a holiday the meetings was pushed to Tuesday. I wasn’t really paying attention in the meeting. I was just hoping someone would just call me and tell me they found my wallet. Sometime during the meeting I got a missed call. I called back and some Bangladeshi guy says he has my wallet and he is in Ikano Power Tower waiting for me. I jump up leave the meeting in progress I explain to Lester I was jacked and someone has my wallet now. I call Lenny to drive me there. He tells me not to be so excited it could be some Bangladeshi guys intending to jump me.

Now I’m worried, what if they want to jump me; it was new for us to get to Ikano Power Tower so we made some mistakes reaching there. I found these 2 shady Bangladeshi guys; He gave me all my cards. I asked him where my wallet was he said he threw it away and took all my cards and called me. Sounds funny init. I didn’t want to press anything so I took my cards tipped him RM 10 and I left I was just grateful that I had my ID and I don’t have to go to the trouble of re doing the whole thing. I just need to do my ATM cards. I found it funny that the credit card dept was much simpler to work with they blocked my card and they would send me a new one but I for ATM I had have the hassle of filling up forms.

I could breathe better now. Lenny took me for lunch and everything was going to be fine. Work continued I was neither here or there. I left office the office at 6. I reached home and I just gratefull…..

No comments: