Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Diary: Redang Day 2

I woke up at 6 but I slept back as I was too tired to wake up, I’m in holiday mood in it. I wake up with a sudden banging in front of my door. I curse in Chinese and I try to find to find a shirt but I can’t find any. I’m open the curtain and the sun heats my eye blinding my sight so I can’t see who it is. I’m only with my boxer and its Winnie asking me what I’m doing still in bed. Tele-match was supposed to start 30 min ago. I take my shower, wear something on and head to beach I see everyone is at the beach waiting for me. I head to the coffee house for 2 cups of coffee, cried eggs and a croissant. I head back to the beach to begin the tele-match. The team plays the game (pictures will be posted soon). Overall you can see the group unite together and have fun. We play simple games like running with flippers, 3 legged race, eating apple without hands, running in sacks., and of course the classic TUG – of – WAR.

Its free time again after tele match as we need to re-cooperate before we go snorkeling. I head back to the room to rest as waking up so fast gave me a headache. I had beer as medication. Lenny headed to the theater to watch Spiderman. We have lunch at 12.30, I found that weird cause as memory serve me right we weren’t suppose to enter water after eating but people were chowing down the food. I had lil to eat just to lace my tummy. By 2 we group in front of the scuba diving centre to take our gear. We are briefed on how to use the equipment and what are we to do if we are in trouble, etc. We take the bus to the jetty. We climb two big boats and head to the sea, I’m bit afraid as the last time I went snorkeling was last year in Tioman and it wasn’t that memorable.

I wait for everyone to get down and I’m one of the last one to get off the boat. I’m lil panicky but after some time I get used to it. I begin to swim far away from the boat in search of beautiful coral and fishes. I see many types of fishes some big and small, the corals doesn’t look that attractive compared to Tioman. I have a good time swimming about as I now have the confidence to snorkel. After an hour we head to another part of the Island, me the big hero goes down 1st and begin to swim far away from the boat. I see now bigger fishes, beautiful coral, ship wreckage (I think). Winnie and the girls follow me and we scout the island. Some swim to shore to the beach. I go away from the girls to be by myself; enjoy the sight. As I enjoy all this I begin to float far from they boat. When I notice it the boat it way far, I begin to swim back but its kind of hard because I have to start swimming against the rough current, what makes it worse is the life jacket follows the current. Not giving up I continue to fight the current. The more I swim, the further it seems I float away. I some am able to swim half way to the boat. I rest for awhile and then call for the life guard to save me as I was too tired to swim back anyway.

I stay in the boat watching my people enjoying themselves; Fauzah is on my boat catching pictures. That woman was the well dressed o through out the trip. She had Calvin Klien perfume on her, make up and wore VOGUE clothes. During the snorkeling trip Winnie had an old injury come back her leg stiffen and had to be carried back to the ship. I took care of her in the ship, poor gal was in pain. The boat ride back home was excellent. It was windy ad the sea hit my face it made me think of the writers that began their book “as the sea hit my face…’. I and Lester carried Winnie off the boat where from there the bus took us back to the hotel. From the hotel I and Lester carried her back to her room. We made a make shift chair with our hands. Winnie was embarrassed by us caring her but it had to be done. We left her in her room and we headed back our rooms. I ordered some ice so that Winnie could get her injury iced down. I honestly could sleep but I chose not to cause I would sleepy pass dinner. Its going to be our last night tonight, so I stayed up, I noticed that Berjaya had given me a basket of complimentary fruit basket and chocolates. I was being spoiled by them. I had an iced beer with Lenny. In my fruit basket there were some keropok which we ate while sipping our beer. Lenny feels to sleep while I watched a Tamil movie. I woke Lenny up at 7 and told him to get ready for dinner. I went to check with Lester to see if he was awake for dinner he said he would join us after his shower. I head to the Coffee house I’m kind of bushed I guess with the activities, I see Zaifah and her family enjoying the sea side. Yuen and Anizah playing a giant chess game. Saira enjoying the beach.

Agnes joins me for a sit down as we both share a cup of tea and I tell her how wonderful her team has managed our team. We are all having fun. We head to the ballroom where she shows me where I will be having my lucky draw and exchange of gifts. I stop by the recreational room where I see some of the guys playing pool I say hi and I head back to the coffee house. Lenny brings another can of beer for me and I drink it in the coffee house. Everyone surprised how I’m the only one drinking it so openly. I mingle around. I don’t really have the appetite to eat so I head to the game room with Sharon for a game of pool. I taught her yesterday to play and among my other 5 pupils she was the best of the lot. We played 2 games together. I think I caught Sachin checking her ass as she bent for her shot. She hasn’t any.

I tell everyone to meet at the ballroom at 9 but again I’m late by ½ an hour as I was busy playing pool with Sharon. I lost RM50 as I bet Lester and Shelly would lose to Lenny and Jaya. I knew that was a goner but I just wanted it to be fun. I and Winnie organized the lucky trip both of us won item. It was the 1st time I ever won a lucky draw. I won a DVD player and Winnie got a Microwave. Everyone went back with something I made sure of it. After the lucky draw I headed to the restaurant to get some stuff for tonight party the guys were back at the pool room. I got some lemons and sugar for some lemon drops (10q Marcia), salts for the tequila. I got the party ready to begin. I sat I my balcony with Sachin drinking sprite waiting for others to come. We had a nice conversation. He was telling me bought his life in UK before he came to Malaysia. He said he has met Sanjeev Baskar and Meera Syal(Goodness Gracious Me & Kumar’s at No 42), who are apparently going out. The night event was again a secret cant revel much, lets say some people went back really sloshed.

No comments: