Sunday, March 27, 2005

Diary: Holy Week

This week I really had a hectic week. Work was at its most pressure as I am getting ready to roll out another service to rack in more cash for the company. I’m lil annoyed with Lester because he keeps bringing me down. Even though I will be making what I projected he told me upfront it was no good. The 2nd Inter HOD meeting will be held next Monday. We are to discuss about last months projection and did we make it and also next month’s projection. I’ve already prepared mine, again its going to be hard to fulfill it, Lester won’t be happy with my suggested projection but hey that’s just how it goes.

I beginning to work on my content management team to work more independently now, I’m preparing them for my leave (if I ever go lah), sometimes when you are so pressured up you so think that you would just leave the company, but then you cool down and say ‘Hey, that would be such a chicken thing to do, and besides you are the King of your company’. Mum is hopping for me to leave the company, GOD knows why. I am happy with where I work. She thinks I should go to Maxis cause of my knowledge in the Content field and there would be great benefits. My mum knows nothing…..

It was the holy week beginning with Holy Thursday. I didn’t attend mass for Holy Thursday because I had to finish up my campaign. Although I didn’t go for church I still managed to go church hopping (Vigil) with the family. We began with St John, then St Anthony, Holy Rosary, Holy Fatima, Sacred Heart and the St Joseph. I love doing this church hopping it something like a lil pilgrimage. You go to each church, prayer a solemn prayer (short one) and you head to next church. You sometimes get to see people you have lost contact with. This year I met Mary Anne. She was from my confirmation batch; I meet her in St Anthony. We had a lil chat and we exchanged numbers, now we can keep in contact.

I took half day for Good Friday; I should have taken the whole day off. I was fasting and I only had a glass of Nescafe to drive me the whole day. I made sure that the team was settled and they knew what is wanted out of them. Sales statistic was high so it was ok and Lester wouldn’t pressure the team tat much when I was away. Intan was a dear and she stopped me at Bangsar; she was actually on her way to McD to have lunch. I took a cab from Bangsar to Holy Rosary church. They had the station of the cross going on so I joined, feeling solemn. I could pray to GOD cause today was his day of suffering what can you tell him. You just can’t imagine the suffering his been too (go watch Passion of Christ, barbaric). Are you supposed to console him?? You better not asking any request from him because he died for you today? It was just like a funeral. You can’t really say much cause no words can bring someone comfort.


I stepped up my sacrife on the last week of lent by going a strict vegetarian. Cause, my ultimate sacrifice is meat cause I can’t have enough of em. I’m starting to think maybe it’s a good thing. Mon – Fri just do the vege thing and weekends we attack the meat. You might thing this funny but I had dreams about meat. Lenny didn’t make it easier too cause he piled up on the chicken and the purposely asked for chicken curry to annoy me. Arrgghhh…..

I had to meet up with the Media people for dinner on Good Friday. Guess where they decided to have it Jakes Steakhouse. Temptations, Temptations. I had vegetarian nachos, with a side of buttered broccoli and corn. It was actually good. But again Lenny had half roasted chicken with wedges, Shelly had a rib-eye steak, the media people had roasted lamb. God my mouth is still watering by it… After dinner we headed to Bangsar Village for desert. Shelly introduced us to a place called Bakerzia. We had some chocolate ice-cream fudge thingy which was heavenly and pistachio crème Brule. After a nice chit-chatting with the media owner I and Lenny headed back. I reached home at about 11-ish I was tired but I just wanted to relax before I slept. I turned on the TV and did some channel surfing till 1 a.m.

The next day I only woke myself up at about 9-ish. It was officially over I could eat meat. I headed to the kitchen to see what mum cooked for lunch, sneak something for me. I open the pots and pan and I was shocked. Mum cooked mock char siew and veges. I was like should we still be vegetarian cause if we were to I skipping it cause I NEED MEAT… I called mum and she said she just cooked it for fun. I watched my weekly dosage of cartoons and headed out to 1 Utama to meet up with Shelly and Marcia for lunch. I got a lil going away gift as I’ll be missing her on my birthday. We had a wonderful time together the lot of us. We joked about Shelly Banks and her 3rd world life… hehehehe

I headed back home took a short nap, I received an SMS from Melman asking if I wanted to go to Thai Club because Yoges was going there. I couldn’t go because I was heading to the Easter Eve’s mass. I just wonder why we still have to jump when Yogi’s name is mention it’s not like his a friend back to us anyway in it. His only bothered bout himself. Yes there was a time where I used to jump for him cause we were buddies, and buddies do anything for each other. Now we are just quittances. Lives goes on.

Mass was ok lah I guess it had 4 readings and I wasn’t listening to any of it. I and Alex were making silly jokes in church. When they were lighting the candles and passing it on we were singing Lloyd Banks hit, ‘We on fire, up in here its burning hot we on fire….’ We were supposed to renew our faith but I hesitated answering the 1st question… Do you reject Satan, I know I said I do cause it was expected of you but I wonder do I really reject Satan. Would it be fun without him? Mass was ok Father gave away bread and holy water and we lit a candle and brought it all the way home and lit the alter with it. Mum used to tell me that my grandfather used to lit a cigarette with the fire and carry it back home cause it was quite a walk and it was afraid it would put out along the way once home he would lit the alter.

Everyone slept after that I stayed up till 3 in the morning watching Blade. I woke up at 10 the ext day got ready and left about 11. Everyone was late and I cursed my mum for having bad time management. We could have left home much later and I could have had a longer nap. We gathered at Uncle Tony’s house for Easter. His house was nice. We had a nice lunch. I only had the dishes cause they were so many of em. We had chicken curry, kicap chicken, egg sambal, prawn sambal, salad, sweet and sour fish (yuck), dried chili beef. We washed it down with ice-cream. Uncle Tony and his son was kind enough to play the piano for us. Aunt B bought some cake for tea which we enjoyed. It was freaking hot in Shah Alam. We left at about 5 in the heavy rain.

No comments: