Monday, January 30, 2006

Movie: The Election



I love gangster movies; there is something about organized crime that I’m quite interested and quite drawn too. Unfortunately gangster-ism movies come in race, the Italian the Russian, the Indian, the Chinese, etc. Ever since I was exposed to these types of movie I’ve always kept special spot for the Chinese gangster movie. It something about tradition, honor and loyalty that I find captivating. The 1st Chinese gangster movie I watched was Young and Dangerous (1-6) they don’t make those kind of movies any more.


This movie was very subtle. But it still has the core essence of a gangster movie. The story is about 2 candidates up for the post of Chairman of the triad group. One tries to bribe his was through and another does it correctly. I won’t give much away but the story line was well written and the choice of characters well casted. Please do watch the movie as I believe the DVD is out on sale.

No comments: