Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Political Ramblings

Over the last couple of weeks, religion in Malaysia has been highlighted on the front page of our local newspaper. Spouses fighting on burial rights and the fight of the syariah law against the civil law. Being Indian you can say that I’m on one side of they fence and I wish to have equality. Although it is said that Malaysian have equal right but secretly we all know that the government always help the Malay community. I’m trying not to be racist but last couple of days you see the facts. The 9 ministers who were to appeal to the Prime Minister at the last minute declined because of National Security, What does that mean?

It is about time the government deal with this matter and not sweep it under the rug anymore. In this time and age where I think the community is open enough to discuss it. I am looking forward for a peaceful revolution, where all the non-Muslim communities stand up for their rights and ask for the equality that we deserve. Of course this will be hard. Things just seem to die down after sometime. The other problem I see is that we a governed by old & experience people where their values on religion is much more stronger that the younger generation, as such they would not want to budge from their value.

Our Prime Minister I believe is a reasonable man, not like our previous Prime Minister who was always I thought very confrontational. Pak Lah reminds me of Tai Chi, he projects a balance. I believe he will be able to make a just decision when it comes to this matter so for the mean time we are only to wait… (For how long?) There is apart of me there is also worried that if a revolution were to take place would it be like May 13. The unspoken day in Malaysian History…..
Food for though for you guys out there

No comments: