Monday, September 12, 2005

Diary: Ponggal Day

Weekend my mum had her annual ‘ponggal’ function. This year there was a less crowded as most of them were headed to the Divine Mercy’s Church in Shah Alam. It was the official opening of the church, as you would have read it in the papers it was a miracle church. It took so long to build as the government weren’t to keen to have a church in the Selangor district as big as the mosque. When the church had legal issue I then found out the inter-working of the Malaysian church. I didn’t know that the Catholic Church had a Legal department which consists of very educated lawyer priests. They handled the case and ‘with Gods Grace’ they won it.

Back to my mums ponggal thing we all woke up at 7.30am with my annoying dad giving commands. Arrggghh the nerve of the man. He always panics or gets too excited which leads to everybody’s nerve. There wasn’t much to do, we cleaned the house and got ready for the visitors. Mum was preparing lunch, vegetarian dishes. She made potatoes dried curry, brinjal chutney, tomato chutney and sambar. Aunt Daisy, Mama and Mum manned the ponggal pot till I was needed to stir the whole ponggal pot. I took turns with Gerard in doing that. Prayers was said, it was cute to see lil Michael say the Our Father as he held a Tamil song sheet as though he was reading from it. The boy really is smart, some how or rather he made me put in the Kim Possible movie and he ardently watched.

I didn’t follow mum and dad to Lady of Good Health Church. I decided to stay back have the whole home to myself. Mark needed to pamper himself. I took a nice long bath. Got my gear out, Body Shop equipment and relaxed. I headed for mass later all refreshed. Weird to see Sentul parishioners in St John with their bf. Why want to hide? Headed home to watch the VMA on MTV. Must say Diddy does have some class. I enjoyed the set and to see Mc Hammer doing can’t touch this again… Memories. And Above all I love the VMA orchestra B.I.G. song.

Sunday I woke up early headed to KLCC to get some stuff. Was so tempted to get some books from Kinokuniya and some CD’s. Been meaning to get James Blunt, Jem, and John Legends CD. I didn’t of course. I took my Sunday nap and did my chores. I baked chicken for Monday’s lunch and it was CSI galore form 9-12

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice,amazing.keep it up