Friday, July 14, 2006

Diary: VIP Seats and a Tokyo Drift


Saturday: It was training week and the 3rd and 4th placing for the World Cup. Was so happy its coming to an end. The training was about creative thinking. How to think outside the box… bla, bla, bla. Food was good at the Armada Hotel. I do recommend those who wants to try it. They had a very nice nasi lemak set.

I attended the Asian Telecoms official launch. It was not the street party as what they told their guest months earlier. It was held in Modesto’s at Jalan P. Ramlee. I must say they brought out a bad impression at the start of their launch. The initially began bragging that it would be a street party then a week or so before the date they change it to Espanda and then later 2 days before the event they change it again to Modesto. Although Asian Telecoms are one of my servicing clients and some of them do read my blog I still stand at my statement that they only managed to give a bad 1st company impression.

I attended the party with my colleagues and one of them Joyce being my date for the evening. I was in the VIP area so all was paid for they had these models with jerseys around entertaining the guest. I got up close and personal with Ms Portugal. She was just 19, still young though. They had those he-she acts. They were dancing to Pussy Cat Dolls - Buttons and the Shakira song, Hips don’t lie. I was waiting for ‘Its Raining Men’ but that they didn’t play that. Over all it was a good party. Surprisingly I met a couple of MBSS seniors and an old friend of mine Matthew Mathan. He’s back from Middle East and just started with Astro and plans to start his own construction service. Biggie ups to him.

Sunday: More training but the activities were fun kept us in stitches as we really went wild with the activity. For example, a case study we were to stuck in half way trough a mountain top and 2 of your climbers are injured its up to you to go down hill to get help. You need to bring 14/37 items from your backpack for a swift get down. Oh yeah there is a storm head and there is a possibility of a stay over. We chose our items and we concluded that the guy was honoured by the Alaskan official for his bravery and declared 29th February as a public holiday. A movie was made of the hero and survivor’s fate thus giving them instant fame like Mawi

At night was the Hotlink Germany Finale Carnivale at Bukit Bintang. There was at least 60,000 people at the event. The event was organised very well. There were so many things to do. Magicians for the kid, some football wave thing, face painting, etc. Only at the carnivale I realised that PCD will be in Sunway, got to get Maxis to get me some tickets. I was seated in the VIP area where most of the artists were hanging out. Maxis out did themselves. They had this big tent with sofas and huge LCD screen TV’s everywhere. They had waiters walking around serving drinks and food from Regent hotel. I hanged out with Reshmonu, Disagree, Reefa, Sasi the Don and of course Flipsyde. They are all cool people very friendly especially Reshmonu. I watched the 1st half of the match and then I headed home

Monday: Was on leave, headed to Midvalley to meet Marcia for lunch and also to get my stock of contact lenses. Had a great bargain 6 months worth of contact lenses with a free sample of contact lenses and a free multi purpose solution for just RM150. Since I was already in Midvalley it was just common sense to catch a movie. I caught Fast and Furious: Tokyo Drift. All I’ll say is very nice.