Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Diary: 2 Movies and a Love Seat


This weekend most of my plans were postponed. I finally went and saw Pirate of the Caribbean’s 2. The content team had a organised a dinner and a movie last Wednesday. We had dinner at San Francisco Steak House at Damansara Intan. It was my first time at this establishment. I was expecting a fine dining experience but in return what I got what was a nice place where there were murals on the walls. It was pictures of San Francisco culture. The ambience was quite pristine with waiters eager to serve you hand and foot. The foot was exquisite; I had a dish called the cowboy steak, which was steak with baked beans, sausages (Mini cocktail) and a fried egg. Others has salmon steak, chicken with mushroom sauce. The dishes were very nice.

After dinner we headed to 1 Utama’s new wing. We had so much time to spare so we played some foosball with the girls. The movie was all I expected it to be. Swash-buckling to the very end. Oh Captain Jack Sparrow how I envy your miss-adventures. A must watch in my book.

The weekend saw me heading to a new place called The Curve at Damansara. The place is fairly new with not allot of shops open yet the atmosphere of the place was quite lively. The main attraction of the place would definitely be the place called ‘The Street” where it has lots of restaurants and small shops selling varieties of stuff from mugs to tashmina’s and I must say it was quite a reasonable price. I headed down to the next building where the new Cathay cinema was located. The whole building is empty except for the cinema space it has 10 screens for your viewing pleasure. The place hints ‘just for couple’ as when u hit to the concession stand there are lovers combo and such. In the cinema itself most of the seats are love seats for couple I believe to have their ‘space’

I watched the Lake House with a lady friend that day. I must say the movie is for the mature at mind. The Reeves Bullock combination was amazing… you felt the effect of the chemistry pass through the fabric of the cinema. I wont give much away but I must say a must watch in my books. You will definitely find a copy of it in my DVD collection.

Sunday I attended mass at St John’s I slept through mass as Father Amalanathan was speaking to himself. There was an incident where someone I knew tried to sneak pass me in church unnoticed. Shame on you. After mass I headed home and I had to start with my ironing early as in the evening I was to be at My Aunts place in Cheras for a family potluck. Oh how much I despise those people. But it was nice that I got to meet up Priya. It’s been awhile since I meet up with her and we caught up with good times.

2 comments: