Monday, March 20, 2006

Diary: The Brother Did What ! ! !


Many weird and great things happen over this week. One of ‘em was Shari came for an interview at my company. I interviewed her, it felt so very awkward, and I was trying to play the strict interviewer but I desperately failed. I kind of know now why Shari has had a bad run with interviews. She kind of stinks, So Shari if your reading this call me up and lets meet up I’ll give you a few pointers, which you desperately need.

Over the weekend I had a date with a nice lovely Malay girl. I can already hear the thoughts in your head. “The brother is whacked”, “The fella promised he would never fall for a Malay girl”… Is that what your thinking or are they any more. Well, here’s my explanation, not that I really owe it to you all anyway. Well there is a saying the more you fight something the more your destined to find yourselves with it. As such I thought why not just embrace it if it happens so be it.

Besides I need to enter the dating scene again, my friend’s aint helping me anyway. So the date was in 1 Utama on a Saturday it was dinner at Itallianiese and then a movie. Dinner I think went well, we exchanged stories we laughed and we talked some more. The food was quite bland, but the stuffed mushrooms still as exquisite as the 1st time I had it. After dinner we headed to the cinema, we watched a Malay movie (duh!) Persona Non Grata staring Hans Isaac and Erra Fazira. It’s a nice movie I must say, great photography and story line, something different. Hans (Ben) is a criminal who flees to Bangkok for double-crossing somebody and joins the triad in Bangkok and jack cars. Erra plays Hey (The 1st word she hears) a woman who flees to Bangkok when she finds out her fiancé is having an affair with an ugly aunty. In Bangkok she meets in an accident and loses her memory. Ben takes care of her. And so the love story begins

After the movie we said our goodbyes I took the cab back. I thought about the date, naaah I’m not going to see her again. She is not my type we really didn’t have anything in common. She was too Malay and well me, I neither here nor there. After a long hot shower I watched some late night TV, thank you Astro for the gift of 24 hour TV. I watched a Tamil movie till early morning.

I slept in on Sunday, I woke up only 10.30, and only my dad was at home. I did my chores early, as I needed to attend mass in the evening. It poured heavily in the evening. The fear of another flood was in every one mind. Mass was as boring as usual, and the church was empty, very few numbers.

Congratulations to my brothers who I think did amazingly well in his STPM. He got 2 A’s and 2 B’s. The dream of being in the medical line is not yet over. I guess he has set a very high benchmark for our family to follow. He’ll do us proud....

1 comment:

Shari said...

thank u for revealing my name :P

it was awkward; on both our parts.