Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Movie: Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire

As the whole world claim the new installment of Harry Potter is the best of them all. I might agree but I would strongly say that the movie was not brought to life as I would have liked. Being a Potter fan myself this was my favorite title among the 6 books which has been published. One thing I noticed that lots of the book had been chopped off to cater to the Hollywood market. After seeing the movie I left with the sense of something that was missing. It was like the movie wasn’t really complete. All in all the movie was good, Hermione was sexy and we got to see a lil more femininity in her. The jealousy of Ron surges when he sees her with Viktor Krum and Harry is dumbstruck with Cho Chang who by the way lays it thick with her Scottish accent. As the author J. K. Rowling, is living in England I believe her environment has influenced her writing. It’s not every time you see a white guy eying a Chinese gal or bringing 2 Indian gals to prom. Hip, Hip Hooray for Asian gals. Now Asian men have to buck up.

The movie might have been good but my imagination when I read the book was greater.

No comments: