Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Christmas Is Here


Its in every shopping mall you go into everywhere in KL Christmas is in the air. The wreaths are up and so are the Christmas tree. Ornaments hang on the tree bright lights shine. Seeing Santa and the reindeer everywhere I see makes me feel like a small kid. Feels warm, giggly in a way for me. Christmas is the best time of the year for me, it feels magical to me. Being the most corporate holiday ($$) the meaning has definitely been lost. Christmas is the celebration of Jesus Christ but somewhere along the line that has been forgotten by the public. Now non Christian folk celebrate Christmas associated with this red tubby guy called Santa (look left). Its amazing the definitions I get from my non Christian folk when they tell me what Christmas is all about. One of my friends said that Christmas was about exchanging gifts. Yes, he is actually right in a way; that’s the commercial way. The way how the corporate companies has led us to believe so that they can increase their quarterly profits.

I too am sucked by this escapade. Ever since getting a JOB, I was officially removed from the getting gifts part from some of my relatives and I had to give out gifts to family and relatives. I think that’s where apart of me grew up and I lost a little feeling of Christmas. I guess most of you will agree with me that celebrating your festive holidays when you were young was the best. We had nothing to care about. Christmas shopping, getting that new attire for Christmas Mass. Opening the presents on Christmas Day or just up to mischief with your cousins at your grand mum place. Good Times I must say, I wonder what ever happened to it. How did we grow up an lose this precious feeling. I still enjoy Christmas shopping but now I got to be aware of my budget. I guess that’s just it. We just care too much on these ‘important’ stuff that it clouds us from the original meaning/feeling.

No comments: