Sunday, June 19, 2005

Diary: Busy Days

Hey there it’s been couple of week since I updated you guys with my monotonous life. I’ve been extremely busy with work and been under the microscope from my GM and my operations manager. Many of the office staff are leaving to greener pastures and some not quite happy with management (who’s not). My team is short by 2 staff, as Lenny is taking a long leave to do his own thing. I don’t know but I sense there is some kind of gap between our friendships ever since I became Content Manager. I haven’t had the time to hang out with Mel with my busy schedule. And you can say I’ve avoided Mel a bit cause I can never can say no to his he is is a very persuasive person.I had nice lunches over the last couple of weeks. Oine day, Caroline took me out to KFC with the designers. Another day we had a potluck where everyone cooked a dish and brought to the office. Hasmida brought her famous mee goreng, Michelle brought her curry devil, Odelia brought ghee chicken, Nizam and Marina brought assorted kuih and I got an Oreo cheese cake. Lenny bought nasi briyani. That was a wonderful day everyone was bonding, joking and sharing their stories.

I’ve meet up with Shari for the past 2 Saturdays for tea. Shari is working for the Hitz.fm crew Ford tough enough challenge 7 days a week. I meet up with her because the 1st week I just wanted to loosen up so I went to catch a movie by myselfy at Time Square. Another was I just wanted to to replenish my DVD collection and use the ATM. I talked a lil and we headed our separate ways.

Last Sunday was St Anthony’s feast day and its like a family ritual every8 year to give out bread. Mum prays to give out bread yearly till she dies and he sons are to give them out. Mum always does that. I too prayed to give out some bread just for a lil thank you for my work life as I think I’ve been quite lucky with it. No feast day is complete with out visiting Aunty Emily by the counter. She was handing out coffee, she was quite happy to see me. We had to leave as there was such a crowd. Mass in St Anthony was celebrated outside this time and not in church as apparently the construction besdie the church has made the building crack (3-5 cm wide) and the roof aparently would fall anytime. Constructors has advised that the building be vacated imediately so work can be done immediately.

It was also Fathers Day and we all practically didn’t make a fuss about it mum and dad after mass headed to Seremban for dinner and we were left home, me and Andrew watched Coach Carter on DVD, I took my cumpulsory Sunday nap did my ironing later.

My July weekends too seems to be already been booked with weddings I have 2 important weddings on the 3rd and 10th July. Lot of my collegues are planning to tie the knot and eachtime I ge a wedding card and bring it back home my mum gets on my case. Somebody just should shut that lady up, the comments I get from her, boy your lonely you need someone in your life…. Hai macam lah I tak tahu. Besides I’m not finiding for one cause I don’t really think I have anything good to offer yet. I keep telling her I’m going to be an old spinster which brings her to another fit.

My dad too seems to have picked sides with my mum asking me to join some spiritual crap seminar to find my ‘path’. Apparently my dad had to go to a motivational camp just to marry my mum…. What a L-O-S-E-R ! ! ! He expects me to do the same. Hell no.

1 comment:

Shari said...

hey markie moo, sorry for the other day k :(