Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Power to the Press No more

Is it just me or are we just paying too much attention on the Dude who made a mockery of the national anthem. How many of you, growing up had your own version of the national anthem? I also can’t understand why the government can’t decide on their decision. Are you going to punish him or not? Someone needs to stand firm, they way I see it, the government is being like a lady who can’t make up their mind. Should the guy be punished? Hell yes! He was so stupid to be video taped.

I think there are more pressing matters that we should be concentrating, for example marginalization of the non-muslim community, finding out who is in charge of creating guidelines for busses, etc. Our media lacks the passion to uncover the truth or to push the government for answers. I’ve heard some of the community say that all of the Media is run by the government thus there is not much of press power to exercise. What worries me is most of us are like cattle being feed what they think we need to know…..
It all boils down to our daily attitude, we actually dont really care about what our government does, or what rights are being revoked. Saying I cant do anythin about it is no longer an option. We celbrate the 50th year of independence but there are still walls where most of us cant break through....

No comments: