Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Diary: My Coming Birthday

My birthday is coming up and my friends are planning my birthday party. To be honest I do not want to celebrate my birthday this year. Why you ask? Well one I feel so old, two I don’t have anything to celebrate about. Nope there is nothing great reaching 27. I’ve always celebrated my birthday based on my personal achievements on the past year. You could say it’s a time where I appraise myself. I check and see if I’ve reached my targets and how off I am. Last year I threw a nice party cause I managed to do all of my goals that I set. This time around I failed miserably.

Looking at my friends and what they have accomplished over the years and where they stand at my age I think I fall very short. Thus the reason why I’m down and not wanting to celebrate my birthday. Marina asked me a sensitive question for my birthday, she asked. “Mark your 27, when are you getting married? ” Like others I think I’ve been shoved into the line of expectancy of getting married. I knew that woman face some kind of pressure when their biological clock begins to do its countdown. Well I feel something just like that. Its like the society has given me a countdown to find my next bride.

Hmm.. They should make a reality TV on this. Who wants to see handsome women and men get hitched. Where is the X factor? What be great is to have a fat guy (me) on a show and weekly put him against nice young women and see how it goes. I bet you there be crowd watching it. (Crowd of disgust and curiosity, of course)

Back to real life, my department have been gearing up for my birthday and I cant weasel my way through. I’m surprised and flattered actually. I’ve been told to keep April 11 free after work to celebrate my party. My new staff Khalil who wants to take revenge on me for posting some ragging videos on ‘you tube’ and spreading it out to everyone. I believe it’s a diabolical one. All I’ve be warned is bring extra shirts and I’ll adhere to that. Nevertheless, as an Indian I’ll just say BRING IT ON! ! !

2 comments:

Shari said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shari said...

can't wait for the surprise..hehehe. my lips are sealed.