Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Diary: Presentation, Red Carpet, High Tea


This week there are only 3 days worth mentioning, which is Friday, Saturday and Sunday. You might have noticed that my blog now plays music. Thanks to Cavell for teaching how to do it and making me love My Chemical Romance. I’m so hooked to Mama. It had a little a mixture of Queen’s Bohemian Rhapsody in it. Thanks Cavell for the music link and for bringing back ROCK into my life.

Friday was the ‘D’ day for me. It was my BIG presentation with Disney. I was a nervous wreck couldn’t do much work the whole day as I just kept thinking about it. Padma and Halmy came over for lunch at Pelita and they course took a ‘mick’ at me as I was smartly dressed on a Friday. After lunch I headed to Isetan to get some Disney cookies, I’ve watched Apprentice and you will know that effort in presentation always carries some marks and I wanted to reflect it. I wanted the job. Lester began by giving the company profiles and I did the Disney presentation. I was nervous and I must say it did show in my presentation luckily Lester helped me out.

The lady I believe was quite impressed with the presentation as I provided her fact she didn’t know about Disney herself. She asked me if I wanted a job in Disney Japan? Exciting in it. I already can hear the beat to Teriyaki Boys already… Fast and Furiyooooo

Shahbaz was in town to present 2007 budget to the Directors. After his presentation we left to Kinokuniya. He wanted to buy his comic books and I wanted to pick my Harlem Coben Book, Fade Away. I had to special order the book, as it was no longer in their stock. After hanging out with Shahbaz I headed to Bangsar Shopping Centre Chillies to meet up with Anusha and Farah. We had a small meal and we talked for a while. BSC had already done their decorations for Christmas.

Saturday I attended EH! 20 Yang Anggun Party. I got an invite courtesy of Shari from the Blue Inc Group. The event was held at Espanda. It’s been a really long time since I entered Espanada or Emporioum for those who knew it back in the day. The interior decoration to me felt like it was a big living room with drapes hung from the ceiling and large comfy sofas. There were loads of local celebrities and fashion designers at the event. The whole place was swamped with HOT Malay chicks. It was like kryptonite to me. I had extra tickets so I brought Rahiza along with me. It was nice to see for a change Shari working hard. Hahahaha…

On Sunday I attended mass at Divine Mercy Shah Alam. The church was so beautiful. I loved the way they did the Mary’s grotto it felt so peaceful. They had no place to light candles, what they had was one of those mechanical ones. You put in a Ringgit and an electrical candle would light up. After mass we headed to Hotel Grand Blue Wave at Shah Alam for high tea. After high tea we headed home. I was too lazy to do any chores so I only ironed 2 shirts for work and I lazed about. I must get around to do it.

3 comments:

Shari said...

what do you mean by "It was nice to see for a change Shari working hard. Hahahaha…"

u r saying i am lazy lah now!!??!!! To a certain extent, yes but for that event..it was the first thing I had to handle major details from start to finish. It was nice seeing you..too bad had no time to hang out together. Nx time ya.

Plan A Date said...

Come to think of it I've never seen you working before... Proud to see you fly

CY said...

hey, no problem, mate. Glad to have rope in another fan ;)

btw, did u manage to get ur mickey mouse tie that u wanted??