Monday, September 17, 2007

Quak Quak Lost Phone


I recently lost all of my contacts and personal data in my hand phone. It was my fault, I was itching to upgrade my software myself and I did it wrongly. The outcome was I had to go to Nokia to get the phone re-formatted. I lost all of my contacts, Bdays reminders and personal information. I apologize in advance for my stupidity for losing your number and forgetting to call u on your occasion. I’ll have to gather your info when I meet you yeah….

With the ‘losing’ of my phone I realised how dependent I was to this mobile phone. It was my gateway to my brain. My brain obviously doesn’t remember Bdays and numbers any more. Back when I was in High School, I could remember telephone numbers and do math problems in my head. After that I had the hand phones to remind me of numbers and birthdays and all my details. My brain didn’t need to work that much anymore just gets some good ideas for work and to soak in all the cartoons, movies and dramas it could. It was much better then studying.

I was paralysed when I left my phone for 3 days at Nokia. No one could contact me. I felt insecure, like something was missing. I am technologically driven, I check everything online and I love the concept of greeting everything at my finger tips. My phone could Call, SMS (whose cant duh), browse the Internet, was a radio to my favourite station as well had my once of play list. Those 3 days without my phone I was paralysed, I couldn’t do all that and I felt less equipped.

How would you survive without your phone for 3 days?

No comments: